Choosing Thin Client Solutions For Your VDI Environment?
"How to Shop for a Thin Client Solution" Self-Starter Quick Guide
So, you’ve found yourself in the market for some Thin Client Solutions and are overwhelmed as to where to begin? Not so unusual, even for IT professionals. There’s a lot out there; 10ZiG or not, there are critical standards and features that can guide and narrow your selection.
Benefits of Thin Client Solutions are Worth it
If you’ve come this far with your VDI Proof of Concept, you agree that there is no denying the many benefits of working with Thin Client Solutions. Thin Clients are easier to deploy, manage, and maintain than PC monsters. Related Thin Client Management Software allows administrators to save time and money by maintaining all devices from the server… meaning upgrades, application deployments, and virus control can be centrally managed, rather than being handled individually at workstations.
By design, Thin Client Solutions don't have any moving parts and therefore provide a much longer life expectancy than a PC. When it comes to security, they prevent users from loading applications onto their devices, which significantly reduces the risk of viruses. Additional benefits of Thin Clients include a small footprint on the desk, lower power consumption, and server-centralized data storage.
Where to begin when shopping for Thin Client Solutions
Here’s a Self-Starter Quick Guide Checklist to get you going with your Thin Client shopping research:
- Operating System: Linux, WES7, WE8S, Windows 10IoT
- Platform(s) Support: VMWare Horizon; PCoIP, Blast Extreme (H.264), RDP – Citrix; HDX Ready, HDX Premium, HDX 3D Pro – Microsoft VDI/RDSH – RDP – Parallels; Remote Application Service (RAS)
- Applications/Graphics Support: Web Browser, 5250 Emulation, PDF Viewer, Power Term, Office Viewers, Flash Support
- Display & Monitors: Single/Dual Screen Support, Quad Screen Support, DVI-Ds, DVI-Is, VGAs (with Converters), DisplayPorts
- Connectivity: USB 2.0 Ports, USB 3.0 Ports, Serial Ports, Parallel Port, Expansion Slot PCI, Internal Smart Card (CAC)
- Networking: 10/100/1000 Base-T Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 a/b/g/n dual band, Power over Ethernet (PoE), Fiber
- Mountings: Vertical Stand, VESA Mounting Bracket
- Centralized Management Utility: Available, FREE Software
- Free Demo: FREE 30 days, no obligation
- Warranty: No-cost, Advance Replacement
- Cost: Competitively priced
- Tech Support: Available and no-charge
The above is a quick guide to jump start your Thin Client product research. Your current environment (desktop or VDI); product expectation, usage and performance; number of endpoint users, budgetary considerations; what phase you are in with your VDI POC; and much more… all factor into what will be the best Thin Client Solution choice for you and your team.
Why not take the Thin Client selection guesswork away with 10ZiG’s Thin Client Solutions Product Grid? – search for all of the above by OS or VDI Platform. Or, talk directly to someone who could help you at 1-866-865-5250.
About 10ZiG Thin Client Solutions
10ZiG offers a wide selection of powerful, reliable, and affordable Thin Client Solutions. Our devices are constructed to provide the best performance possible in VDI and Server-Based Applications/Desktops for both hosted and cloud environments. 10ZiG Thin Clients are optimized for the latest desktop technologies including VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft and harness the power to support protocols such as PCoIP, Blast Extreme, HDX, HDX Premium, HDX 3D Pro, and RDP.
10ZiG Thin Clients have been designed to meet the needs of all types of users, from task-based right through to power-users requiring full HD multimedia, 3D, CAD and/or quad screen support. Our Thin Client devices come in a thoughtfully constructed set of benefit features designed to ensure you receive the proper Thin Client based on your consumption and power needs. Additionally, our Thin Client Management Software provides centralized ways to configure, maintain, control, and even report from all 10ZIG Linux & Windows based Thin Client devices for traditional managed networks. It is included FREE with purchase and supports unlimited user licenses.
Do you want to come into the world of VDI, but don't have the IT budget to refresh all of your desktops? Repurpose your PCs! 10ZiG provides the perfect solution for you – 10ZiG NoTouch PC Repurposing Software. 10ZiG NoTouch works as a two-part solution to consolidate old, aging legacy hardware into a locked down, secure, and intergraded Thin Client-like platform. Any PC (after 1998) is capable of being converted.
Power. Speed. Performance. 10ZiG!