We’re ramping up The 10ZiG Manager Thin Client Software 3.0 with Role-Based Access; coming soon!
What is “The 10ZiG Manager” Thin Client Software?
The 10ZiG Manager, our Thin Client Software for centralized management, provides effective, centralized ways to configure, maintain, control, and even report from all 10ZIG PEAKos™ (Linux), and Windows-based Thin and NOS™ Zero Client devices for traditional managed networks. It is included FREE with every 10ZiG purchase and supports unlimited user licenses; upgrades are also always FREE. If you’re not familiar, you can check it out for yourself right here.
What will Thin Client Software Role-Based Access mean to you?
Thin Client Software Role-Based Access of 10ZiG Manager 3.0 enables Administrators to delegate management permissions to support staff and groups. How? The 10ZiG Manager 3.0 allows the console to be deployed in enterprise environments where Administrators, Supervisors, and Technical Support Personnel can all share Access. Each level of user is then granted “Role-Based Access” to certain 10ZiG Manager functions, based on the user’s credentials and Access group. Thin Client Software Role-Based Access defines custom-user Access modes, based on the needs of the customers. Network security greatly increases due to limitation of Access to key functions of The 10ZiG Manager Thin Client Software.
How will The 10ZiG Manager Thin Client Software Role-Based Access Work?
Administrators can set up groups within The 10ZiG Manager and allocate which group or specific user will be able to perform key functions in the console–like reboots, system naming, access to other clients, configuration and password changes, wakeups, shadowing, firmware updates, and more. Restricting Access frees up valuable time for Administrators by allowing the delegation of simple tasks to other team members–like routine maintenance, minor updates, and technical support that might normally involve “shadowing” a terminal to see what the user is seeing.
What will the new version of The 10ZiG Manager Thin Client Software really do?
- Role-based Authentication: Using Windows user groups, administrators and technicians belonging to specified groups will be authorized to access the 10ZiG Manager console.
- Role-based Authorization: Permissions to access the various management functionality will be granted or restricted based on the user’s group membership.
- Privilege Granularity: Permissions can be customized to best suit the demands of the management and support staff of the organization.
- Custom Roles: The ability to create additional user groups and configure individual privileges is available for further granularity.
- Database Policy Storage: To optimize storage and retrieval, access policies are stored within the 10ZiG Manager database. This also provides a centralized backup source for relevant configuration data.
The 10ZiG Manager Thin Client Software is coming soon... so, stay tuned. For more features and instructional videos on The 10ZiG Manager, please visit us on our YouTube channel.